Reporting Harm

How to File a Report

Resident Care and Safety

If you see or suspect:

  • Harm or risk of harm to a resident resulting from:
    • Improper or incompetent treatment or care
    • Abuse of a resident by anyone or neglect of a resident by staff of the retirement home
    • Unlawful conduct
  • Misuse or misappropriation of a resident’s money

You must* report it to the Registrar of the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority, along with any other relevant information. To make a report, call:

1-855-ASK-RHRA (1-855-275-7472)

*Under the Retirement Homes Act, 2010, a person (including retirement home operators, managers, staff, health professionals, social workers and social service providers) who suspects or is aware of any harm or risk of harm to a retirement home resident must immediately report the suspicion and the information on which it is based to the Registrar of the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority. Residents may report, but are not required to.

Operator Resources

The Incident Report Form is intended only for retirement homes to assist licensees with reporting incidents involving harm or risk of harm to residents under Section 75 of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 (Act). Homes must comply with the Act and their own home’s policy in making a report to the RHRA.

Reports may also be made by contacting the RHRA at 1-855-ASK-RHRA (1-855-275-7472) and speaking with an intake representative.

Download the Incident Report Form

Page ↑   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement   Contact Us
©2011-2017 Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority