Please be advised that the RHRA Board of Directors has approved the new fee schedule for 2023. The new annual fee will be $14.00 per month, per suite, effective January 1, 2023. In addition, the following proposals will also be implemented:
- A 20% fee reduction for homes in financial need for resident protection for transition during 2023 only.
- Licence fee application will be $10,000 + $25 per suite
- Fee for change of person in controlling interest will be $5,000
- Failure to notify RHRA of changes to the information on public register will now be $1,000 per instance
- The elimination of fees related to re-printing a licence
RHRA’s top priority is the safety and wellbeing of residents in Ontario’s retirement homes and ensuring retirement homes comply with the Act.
As part of our commitment to transparency, RHRA has also made available a Stakeholder Feedback Analysis Summary.
RHRA was proposing several changes to RHRA’s 2023 fees. There are a number of resources you can access to learn more about RHRA’s fee proposals. Please use the links below:
- RHRA Fee Proposals and Feedback Process
- Supplemental Fee Information
- For Residents and their families: an information sheet with questions and answers about RHRA and fees
RHRA thanks all stakeholders for considering the proposals and sincerely appreciates feedback from residents and their families, licensees and operators, senior’s advocates and all those who help protect and ensure the safety and wellbeing of seniors living in Ontario’s retirement homes.
Consultation opened for comment: Tuesday, August 23, 2022
Consultation closed: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Proposed effective date of fee adjustments: January 3, 2023