The RHRA provides outreach and works with a variety of stakeholder groups including:
- Residents/Family Members/Public:
- to increase awareness of consumer protections in retirement homes afforded under the Act
- provide information and resources regarding retirement homes through a public register
- Owners/Operators of Retirement Homes:
- providing education to ensure understanding/compliance of Act/Regulation requirements
- Regulatory Collaboration – The RHRA collaborates with other regulators such as the Office of Fire Marshal and Emergency Management (OFMEM), Public Health, other Administrative Authorities e.g. ESA, TSSA, to support strengthened resident protections and safety.
- Industry Associations/Advocacy Organizations:
- Government – In addition to the Minister of Seniors Affairs and the Ministry of Seniors Affairs, the RHRA actively engages and collaborates with other government partners including ministries, such as the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Public Guardian and Trustee, the Office of the Fire Marshal & Emergency Management, and other delegated administrative authorities to support RHRA mandate and administrative responsibilities.
- Community Partners – The RHRA works in collaboration with a range of community partners including local fire departments, Public Health, LHINs/Community Care Access Centres.